Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! Groups are sounding great as we begin this new year. Here are a few quick items & changes as we launch 2013-2014:
- Orchestras with meet in the Drama Room this year. This is a great change as we are able to limit the time used for daily setup & tear-down.
- The Philharmonic Orchestra is divided to mirror the schedule of the Varsity Choirs and Concert Band. This new schedule provides more options for students in music.
- We will be performing with the Gustavus Adolphus Orchestra on Friday evening, October 4. This event promises to be an exciting new endeavor of collaboration with a local institution.
- We look forward to the second annual Homecoming Parade on Friday, September 27. The Orchestra was a lively participant in the first parade in recent memory last year, and we expect a similar result this year.
- The Orchestra will be holding its first Flapjack Fundraiser at Applebees at 42nd & Winnetka on Saturday, October 12. Tickets will be available soon.
- Check out the Armstrong Orchestra Facebook page for photos and new information.
- We will look forward to a Texas Tour this year to sunny San Antonio!
- Forms and information, including calendar events, will be posted on Schoology as well as on this site.
That is all for now! I am looking forward to a great year.